High School Equivalency - HSE (formerly GED)

A High School Equivalency (HSE) test shows that you have the equivalent of a high school education, and for the purposes of going on to college or other higher education, it is the same as having a high school diploma. This used to be called a “GED” (General Educational Development).

If you would like more information about preparing for the GED or learning English, see the Massachusetts Adult Literacy Hotline online.