VIRTUAL: Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Level 2: Ethical Upstander Training
SEARCH Trainings and Events
Description: This training teaches active bystander intervention skills through the lens of diversity, equity and inclusion to support respectful and equitable interactions to improve employee and client experiences. Participants will analyze common microaggressions directed at marginalized social identity groups to understand why they are harmful. This highly interactive training uses workplace scenarios to allow participants to practice skills for supporting those who are targeted and engaging in mindful dialogue with those who are intentionally or unintentionally expressing bias through words, behavior and policies.
- Identify the inhibitors and promoters of active bystander intervention.
- Use the DEI Lens Template for analyzing microaggressions
- Use our Calling In Template for responding to microaggressions
- Use our Language for Explaining Bias Template for engaging in dialogue with those who are intentionally or unintentionally causing harm
- Demonstrate effective apologies
- Demonstrate respectful communication to support someone who has been hurt by microaggressions and other forms of bias
- Demonstrate low-conflict, indirect strategies for interrupting bias and discrimination in meetings and group settings
- Make thoughtful choices about when to call in vs. call out
Other Training and Event Calendars
See the Training Resources section for even more training opportunities.