About Addiction Counselor Internships
Licensure and certification as an Addictions Counselor require an internship to be completed. Information below is provided by Treatment Providers and Addiction Education Programs to help students find internships and to help providers and programs work together to create more internship opportunities.
Students: Find an internship
Search Job Postings page for internship positions which have been posted by Treatment Program and other organizations. Here's how:
- Click on the green Search Jobs button to show customizable search .
- In the Search by Position Type dropdown field, choose Intern.
- Click on the blue Search button.
Learn about internship opportunities and how to get them by clicking on Treatment Providers in the list below.
Post your internship resumé on the Resumé Postings page so Treatment Providers can find it. Be sure to specify Intern in the Position Sought field.
Treatment Programs: Describe your program and internship opportunities
Add your program and materials to our list of Treatment Programs below to let students and addiction educators know what internships you offer. You will be able to provide information and documents, including contact information, about your program/s.
- If your agency has multiple programs, and has a centralized internship process, please complete a single entry for the agency. Make sure that you list all programs in the program description section.
- If your agency has multiple programs but does not use a centralized process, please complete individual entries for each.
Post internships on the Job Postings page. Be sure to specify Intern in the Position Type field.
Search intern resumés on the Resumé Postings page. You can specify Intern in the Search by Position Type field.
Addiction Education Programs: Describe your internship placement process
Add your program and materials to our list of Addiction Education Programs to let students and Treatment Programs know how you help students get internship placement with treatment providers. You will be able to provide information and documents, including contact information, about your program.