VIRTUAL - Motivational Interviewing Foundations
SEARCH Trainings and Events
This is a 3 day training. All three days must be completed in order to receive credits
This course consists of three 90 minute virtual sessions. It is a blend of didactic material and exercises that provide opportunities to practice skills. Commitment to attend all three sessions is required, as each session builds upon the previous one..
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the mechanisms of how and why people change behaviors (ambivalence, feeling valued, confident and autonomous)
- Identify practitioner goals within the processes of an MI conversation
- Discuss how to use MI skills to create psychological safety to facilitate conversations about change
- Identify four MI skills that can be used to help motivate individuals to change unhealthy or unsafe behavior
- Identify four processes of Motivational Interviewing
Other Training and Event Calendars
See the Training Resources section for even more training opportunities.