VIRTUAL-Ethics and Boundaries
SEARCH Trainings and Events
This training will be split into two days you must attend BOTH DAYS
Tuesday October 27th & Thursday October 29, 2020
Training: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm BOTH DAYS
THIS WILL BE A VIRTUAL ZOOM MEETING.
ZOOM LINK WILL BE SENT OUT CLOSER TO THE TRAINING
Ethics and boundaries are the cornerstone of professional conduct for the wellbeing of both clients and counselors. This experientially based seminar will explore professional ethics, impact of HIPAA laws and ethical dilemmas encountered by the substance abuse counselor.
Upon completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Identify their personal boundaries.
- Articulate HIPPAA regulations and implications for their work setting.
- Describe specific ethics related to mental health, alcohol and drug counseling; CFR42 Part 2.
- Articulate how people make meaning of experiences and how conflict can arise.
- Describe the criteria for deciding to share or not share personal information in a work setting - whether clients to clients or colleagues.
- Practice ethical work in a group setting.
- Describe the ways human beings understand the meaning of interactions-positive and negative.
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills of setting limits, identifying areas of disagreement or conflict, bring interactions to positive resolution.
- Identify specific ethical issues related to mental health conditions.
Other Training and Event Calendars
See the Training Resources section for even more training opportunities.