MSR-Medication Supported Recovery for Recovery Coaches
SEARCH Trainings and Events
Please see this link for more information including registration: http://www.cvent.com/d/syqym0
The opportunity for those seeking recovery to craft a sustainable pathway that includes medication assistance can be enhanced with the support of a Recovery Coach. It is the goal of this training to offer peer professionals an opportunity to understand the history, concepts and varieties of Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT), as well as to explore their own perspective, biases and actions in support of recovery pathways that include a medication component.
Upon completion of this learning cycle, the participants will:
- Reinforce the core principles of peer support and the skills used by a Recovery Coach/CRPA.
- Reinforce the specific "lane" of a Recovery Coach/CRPA.
- Appreciate the individual nature of recovery.
- Explore & discuss differences between Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT) and Medication-Supported Recovery.
- Understand common terms and definitions used by the clinical treatment community when discussing MAT.
- Review of MAT and use of various medicines.
- Introduce and understand the distinct viewpoints regarding MAT/MSR within recovery support communities.
- Ensue the Recovery Coach/CRPA understands the availability of resources as they support MAT/MSR.
- Understand how stigma and labels influence the recoveree in their recovery pathway choices.
- Explore the role of a Recovery Coach/CRPA in support of MAT/MSR.
Other Training and Event Calendars
See the Training Resources section for even more training opportunities.