CCAR Recovery Coach Academy
SEARCH Trainings and Events
What is a Recovery Coach? Anyone interested in promoting recovery by removing barriers and obstacles to recovery and serving as a personal guide and mentor for people seeking or already in recovery.
The CCAR Recovery Coach Academy© is a 30-hour intensive training academy focusing on providing individuals with the skills needed to guide, mentor and support anyone who would like to enter into or sustain long-term recovery from an addiction to alcohol or other drugs. Provided in a retreat like environment, the CCAR Recovery Coach Academy© prepares participants by helping them to actively listen, ask really good questions, and discover and manage their own stuff.
CCAR Recovery Coach Academy© participants will:
• Describe Recovery Coach role and functions
• List the components, core values and guiding principles of recovery
• Build skills to enhance relationships
• Explore many dimensions of recovery and recovery coaching
• Discover attitudes about self disclosure and sharing your story
• Understand the stages of recovery
• Describe the stages of change and their applications
• Increase their awareness of culture, power and privilege
• Address ethical and boundaries issues
• Experience recovery wellness planning
• Practice newly acquired skills
Now being delivered virtually!!!
We have adapted the training into an interactive, dynamic virtual experience that includes large group
activity, small group processing, and individual reflection.
Screen: Laptop, monitor or full-size tablet (phone screens are too small)
Connection: WiFi or hardwired internet
Access: Zoom platform and e-mail
*We can assist with a technology test drive prior to the training dates.*
Return registration form and check by October 1, 2021 to:
Riverside Community Care
270 Bridge Street, Suite 301
Dedham, MA 02026
NO REFUNDS ON CANCELLATIONS AFTER September 27, 2021.
Other Training and Event Calendars
See the Training Resources section for even more training opportunities.