VIRTUAL-Child Welfare and Trauma-to-Prison Pipeline
SEARCH Trainings and Events
OYYAS will be presenting a training by Citizens for Juvenile Justice, on the topic Child Welfare and Trauma-to-Prison Pipeline
Participants will gain an understanding of “multi-System” youth who are involved with both the child welfare and juvenile justice systems. This includes an analysis of factors that lead to these youth being among the most vulnerable in our state with a greater likelihood of suffering from mental health and substance abuse issues, disproportionately experiencing difficulties learning or engaging in school and being more likely to enter the juvenile and later criminal justice system.
Upon completion of this program, participants will be able to
- Will learn the overlap between Child Welfare and Juvenile justice
- Will gain knowledge of the specific Child Welfare experiences that are correlated to juvenile justice involvement
- Will gain knowledge of the types of trauma specific to Child Welfare and how those behaviors manifest
- Will gain knowledge of the racial and ethnic disparities within the Massachusetts Child Welfare system
- Will gain knowledge of the experience of foster youth in schools and how those experiences contribute to the Trauma to Prison Pipeline
- Will gain knowledge of actions that can be taken to address the issues correlated to the worst outcomes for foster youth.
Other Training and Event Calendars
See the Training Resources section for even more training opportunities.