Give Your Workforce Public Recognition
In addition to recognizing staff within your organization, nominate staff or programs for public awards. The nomination shows pride in the work, and increases public awareness of your organization.
- Counselor of the Year
- Robert Logue Memorial Presidents Award
- Outstanding Service Award
- Special Recognition
- The President’s Award - This award is given annually to an individual for years of service behind the scenes as well as exceptional direct counseling services in the treatment of substance abuse.
B. Association for Behavioral Healthcare
2011 Awards included:
- Unsung Hero
- Moe Armstrong Award for Peer Leadership
- Excellence in Best Practices
- Excellence in Administration and Finance
- Special Recognition
- Innovative Practice
- Program Leadership
C. Provider’s Council (Mass Council of Human Service Workers)
All recipients are nominated by Providers' Council members for the awards. Nominee must be a member.
- Richard J. Bond Award - to an executive and a supervisory employee for their outstanding contributions to serving those in need.
- Gerry Wright Direct Service Employee Award - to a direct service employee to fully recognize outstanding dedication.
- Volunteer of the Year Award - to a person for exemplary volunteerism within a private provider agency.
- Ruth M. Batson Advocate of the Year Award - given to an individual advocate for his/her conviction, devotion and tenacity in fighting for necessary resources.
- Innovator of the Year Award - to an organization that has launched an innovative program this past year.
- State Employee of the Year Award - to a state employee who has contributed significantly to the advancement of the private provider industry.
- Legislator of the Year Award - to a state representative and a state senator for outstanding contributions to the industry.
- Municipal Official of the Year Award - to a municipal official for outstanding contributions to the industry.
- Business Partnership Award - to a business industry vendor who has done the most to promote or better the industry.
- Media Award - for accurate reporting of an industry issue which has positively contributed to the public’s understanding of human services.
D. The Massachusetts Deparment of Public Health's Bureau of Substance Addiction Services recognizes individuals every two years at its Innovations Conference.
E. The Doris Gagne Addictions Nursing Award recognizes a nurse or other healthcare provider who demonstrates outstanding leadership in the field of addictions.
- Mel Schulstad Professional of the Year - an individual who has made outstanding and sustained contributions to the advancement of the addiction counseling profession.
- William F. "Bill" Callahan Award - sustained and meritorious service at the national level to the profession of addiction counseling
- Lora Roe Memorial Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselor of the Year - a counselor who has made an outstanding contribution to the profession of addiction counseling. Members of NAADAC's Executive Committee are not eligible for these awards
- NAADAC Organizational Achievement Award - organizations that have demonstrated a strong commitment to the addiction profession and particularly strong support for the individual addiction professional. Is this the same as the "Organization of the Year" by the National Association for Addiction Professionals (NAADAC)?
- Davida Coady Gorham Medical Professional of the Year - a medical professional who has made an outstanding contribution to the addiction profession. Members of NAADAC's Executive Committee are not eligible for this award.
- Lifetime Honorary Membership Award - an individual or entity who has established outstanding service through a lifetime of consistent contributions to the advancement of NAADAC, the addiction profession and its professionals.
- John Avery Staff Award - the [NAADC] staff member who has consistently excelled in his or her position; has made outstanding contributions in the area of service and dedication to NAADAC; has promoted teamwork and collaboration; and who has consistently done so with a positive and forward-thinking attitude.
- Inspiring Hope Awards
- Artistic Expression
- Community Advocacy
- Doc of the Year
- Educational Achievement
- Integration & Wellness
- Mental Health Professional of the Year
- Peer Specialist of the Year
- Public Education
- Reintegration Lifetime Achievement
- Rising Star
- Science to Service
- Advocacy Leadership Awards
- Individual Achievement in Advocacy
- Organizational Achievement in Advocacy
- Elected Official Service in Advocacy
- Impact Awards
- Excellence in Behvaioral Healthcare Management
- Excellence in Health Information Technology
- Excellence in Addictions Treatment Innovation
- Mental Health First Aid Community Impact
- Speak up, Speak out
- Visionary Leadership
National Exemplary Awards for Innovative Substance Abuse Prevention Programs, Practices, and Policies
D. American Association of Addiction Psychiatry – Early Career Award
- Distinguished Service Award
- National Leadership Award
- Congressional Award
- National Newsmaker Award
- GotOutcomes: Coalition of the Year Award
- Got Outcomes: Milestones Award
- GotOutcomes: Coalition in Focus Award
- Advocate of the Year Awards
- Dose of Prevention Award
- Outstanding Youth Award
- Outstanding State Member Award
- Outstanding State National Guard DDR Program
- Chairman’s Award: Outstanding National Coalition Academy Graduate
- Outstanding National Coalition Academy Instructor Award
- Nathan B. Eddy Award
- Marian W. Fischman Memorial
- Joseph Cochin Young Investigator
- J. Michael Morrison Award
- Distinguished Service Award
H. American College of Addiction Treatment Administrators presented annually by the National Association of Addiction Treatment Providers at its annual conference. The Outstanding Achievement Award /Administrator of the Year
The Joel Hernandez Award recognizes one local, state or regional recovery community organization for its success in assessing the specific needs of their community and carrying out a vision and mission of mobilizing resources within and outside the recovery community to increase the prevalence and quality of long-term recovery from addiction to alcohol and other drugs.
The Vernon Johnson Award (formerly known as The America Honors Recovery award) recognizes people who are in long-term recovery from addiction to alcohol or other drugs and their allies who have given back to their communities so that future generations can experience the reality of recovery.
The Lisa Mojer-Torres Award recognizes leadership and dedication to improving the quality of care that individuals and families suffering from addiction are able to access.
- Public Policy Award
- Media Award
- The John P. McGovern Award and Lecture on Addiction and Society
- The R. Brinkley Smithers Distinguished Scientist Award and Lecture
- ASAM Medical-Scientific Program Committee AwardYoung Investigator Award
- Annual Awards Recipient
Addiction Professional Magazine and National Council on Addiction Disorders: Outstanding Clinicians, Father Joseph C. Martin Professional Excellence, and Behavioral Healthcare Champion Awards