VIRTUAL- Introduction to Trauma-Informed De-Escalation Techniques
SEARCH Trainings and Events
THIS WILL BE A VIRTUAL ZOOM MEETING. PLEASE REGISTER TO RECEIVE THE ZOOM LOGIN CREDENTIALS.
This 3-hour training is designed for beginning to mid-level experienced clinicians (Social workers, LMHC’s, etc.), Recovery Specialists, LDACs, CADACs, Recovery Coaches as well as direct care staff to improve their skills concerning their work with youth, young adults and adults who struggle with a trauma history as well as substance use issues.
The core content includes defining trauma and trauma-related behaviors, identifying power-struggles, increasing empathy for clients, reviewing both escalation and de-escalation phenomenons, trauma-informed and trauma-specific best practices within the milieu, and coping with secondary trauma and burnout.
Upon completion of this program, participants will be able to
- Participants will be able to describe the effects of trauma exposure and related attempts to cope
- Participants will be able to identify the need to incorporate Trauma-Informed care and de-escalation into the milie
- Participants will be able to describe several kinds of trauma-sensitive intervention
- Participants will identify techniques they can use to manage their emotional states to provide the best response
- Participants will be able to discover ways to care for themselves at work and at home
Sponsored by: MA Department of Public Health, Bureau of Substance Addiction Services, Office of Youth and Young Adult Services, IHR & AdCare Educational Institute, Inc
Other Training and Event Calendars
See the Training Resources section for even more training opportunities.