Self-Care for Peer Support Workers & Recovery Coaches
Please see this link for more information including registration: http://www.cvent.com/d/byqyyt
Peer Support Workers & Recovery Coaches are tasked with helping others maintain a strengths-based, self-directed pathway of long-term, sustainable wellness. In the process of this generous work, we often neglect our own. In this one day workshop, participants will explore the effects of work/life stress on one’s mind, body and spirit, as well as practical strategies for management of daily demands and energies. Participants will also create an individual, sustainable wellness (aka self-care) plan they can implement immediately. Workshop topics include the following:
- Impact of addiction, recovery and recovery coaching on individual self-care.
- Classic/indvidual definitions and manifestations of stress.
- Stress/self-assessment/release techniques.
- Multiple Pathways, Balance, Demand/Energy Management.
- Planning & Practicing Self-Care.
Upon completion of this learning cycle, the participants will:
- Explore definitions, dimensions, components of recovery, stress & self-care.
- Recognize dynamics that contribute to or delay the creation and/or implementation of a self-care plan.
- Define personal balance in terms of mind, body, spirit, demands & resources.
- Develop realistic, achievable personal self-care goals & a tangible plan to follow.
See the Training Resources section for even more training opportunities.