Reproductive Justice and Social Work – An Intersectional, Social Justice Approach for Social Change
Description: Reproductive Justice is much more complex than the pro-choice movement alone. In this workshop, we’d explore a wide range of reproductive justice issues and explore how they intersect and impact clients and communities.
These Issues include:
- Health disparities for marginalized populations including the Black Maternal Health Crisis.
- The right to have or not have children (abortion, birth control, healthcare).
- The right to parent children in safe communities (gun control, clean air, clean water).
- Access to reproductive healthcare for all including incarcerated people, low income people, rural people, LGBTQ and gender expansive people.
- Sex education for all including people with intellectual disabilities.
- A country free of Environmental Racism.
- Freedom from Gender-Based Violence.
Participants will work in dyads, small and larger groups and the workshop would include videos, small group experiences and individual self-awareness exercises.
See the Training Resources section for even more training opportunities.