Opioid Overdose Prevention
Praxis provides Opioid Overdose Prevention training to all Massachusetts Bureau of Substance Addiction Services funded substance use disorder treatment programs. This 3-hour interactive training includes instruction, discussions, interactive activities, and naloxone demonstration. Trainers will distribute Naloxone to providers who attend the training.
Upon completion of this course, participants will:
- Name 5 risk factors for opioid overdose.
- Demonstrate how to assess for an opioid overdose.
- Describe 5 harm reduction strategies for decreasing the risks of opioid overdoses.
- Generate key discussion points for teaching clients about opioid overdose prevention.
- Explain how Naloxone works to reverse opioid overdose.
- Demonstrate 5 critical actions to reverse an opioid overdose.
- Demonstrate how to store, assemble, and administer nasal Narcan.
See the Training Resources section for even more training opportunities.
American Society of Addiction Medicine CME calendar