NEADCP Conference Presentation
About the New England Association of Drug Court Professionals (NEADCP):
The New England Association of Drug Court Professionals is a nonprofit consortium of drug treatment court professionals from six states (Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine). We exist to:
- Address critical current and emerging issues confronting drug treatment courts through high-quality training and technical assistance.
- Promote regional coordination to address challenges common in New England drug treatment courts and develop responsive pro-active policies and practices.
- Provide a central forum and repository of resources relevant to the development, operation, and administration of drug treatment courts.
To bring together Justice professionals, Treatment/Recovery specialists and community partners to identify practical solutions that will strengthen the New England response to addiction and facilitate the expansion of Specialty Courts.
Participants will be able to:
- Discuss State and Federal Drug Courts and other Specialty Courts and evaluate a continuum of responses to the opioid crisis including Aftercare planning. Participants will learn how to apply the information to specific needs.
- Discuss effective drug court cognitive models and be familiar with responses to trauma.
- Identify recovery systems of care, including Recovery Coaching, as an enhancement to other treatment modalities.
- Engage with the medical community and other disciplines including law enforcement and community groups.
- Understand how to improve case outcomes using Evidence Based Practice and case management tools in introductory and advanced drug court operations.
- Increase professional development through networking opportunities.
- Promote peer and expert exchanges to provide support to Drug Courts and other Specialty Courts.
See the Training Resources section for even more training opportunities.