For registration and more information please see the following link: http://www.cvent.com/d/ltq4bl
Description: Motivational Interviewing for Recovery Coaches offers participants unique opportunities to deepen their understanding, practice and proficiency with MI, a highly-regarded evidence-based practice for encouraging, facilitating and supporting behavior change as it may be specifically adapted for non-clinical uses by Recovery Coaches & Peers. Segments stand alone and need not be taken in alphabetical order. Specifically, they cover the following:
Motivational Interviewing for Recovery Coaches (A) is an introduction to Motivational Interviewing. It is designed for peers/recovery professionals who are new to the field and/or who have little to no experience with this powerful, practical tool. It provides a general overview of the history, processes, skills (O.A.R.S), spirit and use of MI in recovery-specific environments, as well as meaningful hands-on practice with observer feedback.
Upon completion of this learning cycle, the participants will:
- Understand the historical basis, core tenets, processes and skills of Motivational Interviewing.
- Compare and contrast the use of MI within a variety of environments; mental health, human services, education, substance use, etc.
- Articulate how/why MI works within the specific non-clinical lane of the Recovery Coach/Peer.
- Explore the depth and variety of interpersonal interactions that encourage individual change in substance use, recovery and mental health settings.
- Practice each of the skills O-A-R-S with meaningful observer feedback.
Sponsored by: MA Department of Public Health, Bureau of Substance Addiction Services, & AdCare Educational Institute, Inc.