Interrupting Racism and Gender Discrimination
This training provides an overview of the manifestations of racial and gender bias and discrimination as they impact the field of substance abuse prevention, and strategies for effectively interrupting discriminatory, biased or otherwise harmful behaviors and practices.
Upon the conclusion of this training the participant will be able to:
- Identify a range of benefits to increasing racial and gender equity and inclusion in their workplace
- Review the history of racism in the US that impacts the social determinant of health
- Explore attitudes, behaviors, policies and practices that create barriers to diversity, equity and inclusion
- Identify current manifestations of racism in the field of substance abuse prevention
- Understand the impact of gender discrimination, gender binaries and embedded discriminatory practices
See the Training Resources section for even more training opportunities.
American Society of Addiction Medicine CME calendar