Ethics for Recovery Coaching
SEARCH Trainings and Events
Please see this link for more information including registration: http://www.cvent.com/d/8hq7hb
Ethics for Recovery Coaches offers participants unique opportunities to explore and define just what ethical practice means within the context of their work, as well as their varied work environments. This 1-day workshop includes the following:
- Discussion of the history, classic expressions and impact of ethics
- Hands-on exploration of recovery-specific ethical challenges and opportunities for ethical practice when working as a Recovery Coach
- Examination/articulation of potential ethical conflicts inherent in Recovery Coach roles and non-clinical lane
- Facilitated exercises for practice of new skills - self-awareness, confidentiality, ethical decision-making, boundary management, etc.
- Self-assessment and facilitated discussion of professional next steps
Upon completion of this training, the participants will:
- Develop a deeper appreciation for the history, organizational utility and impact of ethics, especially as they relate to providing peer recovery support.
- Explore personal/social situations that present challenges to and opportunities for ethical behavior.
- Understand the impact of personal decisions and how this relates to providing ethical service within one's Recovery Coach role(s) and non-clinical lane.
- Define personal, professional, organizational boundaries and articulate their role in building/maintaining authentic peer recovery relationships.
Other Training and Event Calendars
See the Training Resources section for even more training opportunities.