Ethics and boundaries are the cornerstone of professional conduct for the wellbeing of both clients and counselors. This experientially based seminar will explore professional ethics, impact of HIPAA laws and ethical dilemmas encountered by the substance abuse counselor.
Upon completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Identify their personal boundaries;
- Identify code of ethics appropriate to their profession;
- Articulate HIPPAA regulations and implications for work setting;
- Describe specific ethics related to mental health, alcohol and drug counseling;
- Articulate how people make meaning of experiences and how conflict can arise;
- Describe the criteria for deciding to share or not share personal information in a work setting - whether clients to clients or colleagues;
- Articulate the usefulness or limitations of personal sharing;
- Describe the ways human beings understand the meaning of interactions-positive and negative;
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills of setting limits, identifying areas of disagreement or conflict, bring interactions to positive resolution.
- Explore HIPPA regulations as related to mental health.
- Identify specific ethical issues related to mental health conditions