This workshop will be highly interactive utilizing case studies and video vignettes to illustrate the information provided. The focus of the content will be an overview of changes in the DSM-5 and their implications for treatment planning and counseling. The impact of the changes upon co-occurring disorder diagnoses will be discussed and new medications for various disorder will be reviewed.
Upon completion of this program, participants will be able to
- Review the major diagnostic categories in the DSM-5
- Discuss the changes in the DSM-5
- Explain the prevalent criteria for the differing major mental health disorders
- Demonstrate an understanding of the material through case study and vignette reviews
- Overview the newest medications to treat the major mental health disorders
See the Training Resources section for even more training opportunities.