In this training, participants will review the major categories of the substances of abuse, obtain updates upon traditional drugs of abuse, and learn about the range of synthetic drugs that are flooding the street. In addition, new MAT options will be reviewing. This training will utilize large and small group learning activities as well as film vignettes to reinforce the information provided.
Upon completion of this program, participants will (be able to):
- Describe Traditional Drug Categories of Abuse.
- Identify between substance use versus substance induced disorders related to the drugs of abuse.
- Discuss Addiction Potential as it relates to potency and routes of administration.
- Discuss specific use trends and their impact on varying special populations.
- Name about the "new synthetic drugs" that are replacing the traditional drugs of abuse.
- Identify about best practice MAT options for treatment of substance use disorders and mental health.