CCAR Recovery Coach Academy
The CCAR Recovery Coach Academy© is a 5-day intensive training academy focusing on providing individuals with the skills needed to guide, mentor and support anyone who would like to enter into or sustain long-term recovery from an addiction to alcohol or other drugs. Provided in a retreat like environment, the CCAR Recovery Coach Academy© prepares participants by helping them to actively listen and ask questions.
CCAR Recovery Coach Academy© participants will:
- Describe Recovery Coach role and functions
- List the components, core values and guiding principles of recovery
- Build skills to enhance relationships
- Explore many dimensions of recovery and recovery coaching
- Discover attitudes about self disclosure and sharing your story
- Understand the stages of recovery
- Describe the stages of change and their applications
- Increase their awareness of culture, power and privilege
- Address ethical and boundary issues
- Experience recovery wellness planning
- Practice newly acquired skills
A Two Day Training of Trainers Program for CCAR Recovery Coach Academy will be offered at GCC in November. This training is open to anyone who has attended the CCAR Recovery Coach Academy (RCA) and would like the opportunity to train this nationally recognized curriculum. Verification of RCA completion will be required. Attending the August 19-23 RCA at GCC would qualify a participant to take the Training of Trainers program.
See the Training Resources section for even more training opportunities.