Licensure Opportunities for Those Who Served in the US Military

If you served in the U.S. Military and are considering a career in Addiction Counseling, here are two opportunities that, if you are eligible, can help you gain licensure (LADC I, II, Assistant) through the Massachusetts Bureau of Substance Addiction Services.

Seals of the Armed Forces

Apply some of the following training hours to LADC education requirements:

  • Behavioral Health Technician (68 X-ray)
  • Hospital Corpsman Psychiatry Technician
  • Mental Health Service Specialist
  • Medical Education and Training Campus (METC) Behavioral Health Technician Program at Fort Sam Houston

Get licensure fees waived, if eligible:

The Massachusetts Department of Public Health, Bureau of Substance Addiction Services is committed to assisting veterans and easing the licensing fee burden to the extent allowed by the Valor Act, and will consider waiving fees for qualified individuals who apply.

For more information, contact:

Ian Bain, Program Coordinator

Mass. Dept. of Public Health

Bureau of Substance Addiction Services