VIRTUAL: Innovative Approaches to Working with Challenging Clients: Doing Things Differently v. Trying Harder
SEARCH Trainings and Events
Do any of your clients have challenges like these…?
- Sporadic in follow-through in spite of intentions
- Difficulty doing things on their own
- Consistently get into difficult situations with others
- Wander away, “fade out,” “space out”
- Need tremendous amount of one-on-one support
- Can’t remember something they knew or decided yesterday
- Failing in life in spite of assistance
- Find peer relationships difficult
Participants will learn how to:
- Introduce strategies to work with individuals with other developmental disability and/or those with executive functioning (EF) deficits.
- Identify executive functioning deficits in context of co-occurring disorders.
- Recognize the impact of Sensory Disorders on treatment
- Increase client retention (i.e., reducing premature ‘drop-out’) through modification of treatment approaches.
- Decrease staff frustration with strategies that don’t work for every client.
Other Training and Event Calendars
See the Training Resources section for even more training opportunities.