At this Forum you will learn about:
- The substance use and addictions (SUD) workforce;
- The educational pathways, required certifications and licenses;
- How employers build career growth opportunities for entry and mid-level staff;
- How to develop partnerships with your local career center and MRC office; and
- Resources for advising your clients and customers who are interested in entering the SUD field.
Welcome: Secretary Rosalin Acosta, Executive Office of Labor and Workforce Development
Workforce Overview: Jen Parks, Workforce Development and Training Coordinator, DPH Bureau of Substance Addiction Services
Provider Experience: Pat Emsallem, Chief Operating Officer, SSTAR
- Worker experience: Brian Robbins, Director PIER Recovery Center of Cape Cod
- Educator experience: Steven Chisholm, Assistant Professor/Chair, Drug & Alcohol Rehabilitation/Certificate Programs, North Shore Community College
- Career Center experience
- Mass Rehab Commission experience
Light lunch and regional networking.