Recovery Coach Academy
SEARCH Trainings and Events
When Registration is open, a live link will be added for registration via AdCare Educational Institute.
PRIORITY WILL BE GIVEN TO MASSACHUSETTS RESIDENTS, AND THE FOLLOWING BSAS & SAMHSA FUNDED PROGRAMS: ACCESS TO RECOVERY, RECOVERY SUPPORT CENTERS, OUTPATIENT TREATMENT PROGRAMS AND EMERGENCY DEPARTMENTS RECOVERY COACH PROGRAMS.
Attention: 5 business days cancellation is required otherwise responsible for registration fee.
Substitutes are acceptable after fee.
THERE IS A REQUIREMENT THAT TO RECEIVE THE RECOVERY COACH ACADEMY COMPLETION CERTIFICATE, THE PARTICIPANT MUST HAVE COMPLETED ALL 5 DAYS OF THE TRAINING. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS.
To continue in our Recovery Coach Network following this training, your supervisor must have attended a Recovery Coach Academy Training or the Recovery Coach Supervision Training. This is a requirement for CARC certification.
We are seeking to create a safe, comfortable environment for everyone. Differing points of view around addiction and the multiple pathways of recovery are expected. Please come with an open mind.
A Recovery Coach’s goal is to serve as a personal guide and mentor for people seeking recovery from addictions and help to remove obstacles and barriers to recovery. Recovery Coaching is not a clinical service. Rather, it is a new and exciting role in the field of substance use disorders. Recovery Coaches:
- Are trained to use their lived experience in support of another’s journey in recovery. Therefore, personal disclosure may be a part of the coaching relationship.
- Are often expected to assist the people they are coaching, called “recoverees,” as they navigate systems and explore the recovery community.
- Must be flexible with their hours and meet with their recoverees when and where they are needed.
- Should not follow one specific theoretical framework or one specific ideology of recovery. There are multiple paths of recovery and the coach must help the recoveree remove barriers, in whatever ways make the most sense to the recoveree.
- All Recovery Coaches must be supervised by someone who has been trained as a Recovery Coach with a clear understanding of the Recovery Coach Philosophy and/or has taken the 3 day Supervision of Recovery Coaches trainings that come out this summer.
The Recovery Coach Academy (RCA) is a 5-day training designed for those interested in becoming Recovery Coaches and/or for learning the principles and philosophies of Recovery Coaching. The training will provide a comprehensive overview of the purpose, tasks, and roles of Recovery Coaches.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the roles and function of a recovery coach.
- List the core values, guiding principles, and core components of recovery.
- Describe co-occurring disorders and medication assisted treatment.
- Explain the Stages of Change and their applications.
- Support Multiple Pathways of Recovery.
- Address some of the ethical issues that could arise with Recovery Coaching.
- Develop wellness plans.
- Practice newly acquired skills.
Other Training and Event Calendars
See the Training Resources section for even more training opportunities.