Please see this link for more information and to register. http://www.cvent.com/d/1tq3z0
This three-day training (2 days in a single week, 1 day 4-6 weeks later, with 2 optional, one-hour Learning Collaborative webinars) prepares current supervisors to be supervisors for Recovery Coaches.The supervisor of Recovery Coaches serves in a pivotal position to provide thoughtful, intentional support to ensure the well-being of those seeking recovery while at the same time, support the integration of recovery principles and values within the organization. The Supervisors of Recovery Coaches training has been developed by the MA Bureau of Substance Abuse Services to help meet this need. This training is a non-clinical model developed by people in recovery, recovery coaches, and people with supervisory experience, some with a clinical background.
Upon completion of this learning cycle, the participants will be able to:
- Create a safe and conducive learning environment for supervisees.
- Appreciate recovery as an individual process; articulate Recovery Coach roles, lanes, expectations, skills & art in support of recoveree.
- Explore primary roles & functions (including legal & administrative expectations) of Recovery Coach Supervisors in a variety of settings.
- List core competencies of effective Recovery Coach supervision.
- Describe Models of supervision with a focus on applying an adaptive model to the supervision of Recovery Coaches.
- Develop boundary & management skills to effectively negotiate the balance between employee supervision & organizational accountability.
- Apply ethical considerations of Recovery Coaches to supervisory situations.
- Assess personal capacity for leader, mentor and administrator roles & explore opportunities for continuous development of skill sets.
- Review function & value of Recovery Wellness Plan and its implementation.
- Practice new skills in role play and real time scenarios.