Please see this link for more information: http://www.cvent.com/d/xtqbb0
Please read the following before applying for this 5 day Recovery Coach Academy (RCA). A link will be provided when available.
This is NOT a registration, this is an application process, for the RCA 5 day training. THIS IS A TWO-STEP PROCESS. The first is the application, which does not guarantee acceptance. Once you have received confirmation of your application being received, you must then wait for another email approving your application and inviting you to the second step which is registration. All applications will be reviewed to determine acceptance based on BSAS priorities; MA residents, Bureau of Substance Abuse Services and SAMHSA funded programs to include; Access to Recovery, Recovery Support Centers, Outpatients Treatment programs and Emergency Department Recovery Coach programs. It is strongly recommended that all applicants have a supervisor that has taken the RCA and or the Supervisor of Recovery Coach training. It is further recommended that the applicant be connected with a formal community organization to provide infrastructure and ongoing support for recovery coaching.
Upon application, there is an expectation that the 5 days required “time off” for this training, has been pre-approved by your employer.
The review of your application does not constitute acceptance until your receive an email from Marion Clark-Jalbert at AdCare Educational Institute, Inc. confirming your approval to attend all 5 days of the Recovery Coach Academy. If accepted, you will receive an email with a link that will guide you to the registration. Please fill out the registration and provide payment. You will then receive a confirmation email, stating you are registered.
The Recovery Coach Academy is a 5-day intensive training academy focusing on providing individuals with the skills needed to guide, mentor and support anyone who would like to enter into or sustain long-term recovery from an addiction to alcohol or other drugs.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe Recovery Coach role and functions
- List the components, core values and guiding principles of recovery
- Build skills to enhance relationships
- Explore many dimensions of recovery of recovery and recovery coaching
- Discover attitudes about self-disclosure and sharing one’s story
- Understand the stages of recovery
- Describe the stages of change and their applications
- Increase their awareness of culture, power and privilege
- Address ethical and boundaries issues
- Experience recovery wellness planning
- Practice newly acquired skills