Recovery Coach Academy
A link for an application will be posted soon.
The Recovery Coach Academy is a 5-day intensive training academy focusing on providing individuals with the skills needed to guide, mentor and support anyone who would like to enter into or sustain long-term recovery from an addiction to alcohol or other drugs.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe Recovery Coach role and functions
- List the components, core values and guiding principles of recovery
- Build skills to enhance relationships
- Explore many dimensions of recovery of recovery and recovery coaching
- Discover attitudes about self-disclosure and sharing one’s story
- Understand the stages of recovery
- Describe the stages of change and their applications
- Increase their awareness of culture, power and privilege
- Address ethical and boundaries issues
- Experience recovery wellness planning
- Practice newly acquired skills
See the Training Resources section for even more training opportunities.