Cultural Competency for Recovery Coaches
Please see this link for more information including registration information:http://www.cvent.com/d/tbq6t3
The one-day workshop is designed to highlight and explore the needs of Recovery Coaches working with culturally diverse individuals, organizations, and communities. The participants will be able to understand the role cultural competency in Recovery Coaching and will learn proven techniques and strategies for engagement. The training will include didactic as well as interactive exercises designed to engage participants and elicit their input. The training is intended for entry to advanced level.
- Identify at least 3 barriers to delivering culturally intelligent Recovery Coaching;
- Identify at least 3 cultural issues and dynamics in the planning, delivery and evaluation of Recovery Coaching;
- Identify the role of internalized and institutionalized oppression.
- Identify at least 5 techniques and strategies that work.
- Identify community based resources.