The Alternatives Conference offers life-changing opportunities to those in the mental health peer-recovery community. It helps mental health consumer/survivors make valuable connections, develop leadership skills, provide and receive peer support, and share expertise and resources. We honor those who have paved the way, provided leadership in promoting recovery, and kept the Alternatives Conference alive for three decades. We welcome emerging leaders and those who are new to the peer community to this conference. This year, our theme is Building Healing Communities Together. We can’t do it alone; together we can build healing communities for everyone.
For the first time, Alternatives will take place in Boston! Boston is Massachusetts’ capital and largest city. Founded in 1630, it’s one of the oldest cities in the U.S. and has many museums and landmarks that showcase the rich history of America and Boston. In addition, the city offers various food options, and a lasting legacy of arts, culture, and education.
Workshops Join us for many skill-building workshops throughout the conference. Topic areas will be:
• Bridging the Gap Between Mental Health and Substance Use Concerns
• Promising Practices in Peer-Run Programs & Peer-Delivered Services
• Leadership Development • Healing Through the Arts
• Holistic Health, Wellness, and Recovery
• Diversity, Inclusion, and Intersectionality
• Rights Protection
• Using Technology in Support of Recovery
• Youth & Young Adult
• Multigenerational Learning
• Economic Health and Recovery
Alternatives conference registration is $425 for the entire conference; $165 for a one-day rate.