Register today for the 27th Annual New England School of Best Practices in Addiction Services - August 19 - 22, Waterville Valley, NH
The 27th Annual New England School of Best Practices in Addiction Services will take place August 19 - 22, 2019 in beautiful Waterville Valley, New Hampshire. If you have not yet registered or reviewed the program website, we encourage you to do so today...All Best Practices information is linked from the "Best Practices" menu on our home page, or check out the links below for specific program details:
All courses lists and descriptions may be downloaded from the "Courses" link on the Best Practices website.
Scholarship Applications - Apply Today! Most scholarship application forms will be due soon, so apply today!
Most New England states are offering partial scholarships. There is also a new David J. Powell partial scholarship application for New Englanders who are planning to take Clinical Supervision coursework at the school. Apply online today for a scholarship:
If you are not already registered, we encourage you to click here to register today.
New this year:
- With the support of the New England Prevention Technology Transfer Center, we are pleased to offer four days of training for prevention specialists on our first Advanced Prevention Track at the Best Practices School this year!
- In cooperation with the Health Education and Training Institute, the Best Practices School is offering a "Training New Trainers" course, "Teaching Motivational Interviewing in Agencies, Institutions, & Schools."
Further Course Details:
A wide variety of courses has been planned to address identified regional programming needs, evidence – based practices, primary healthcare integration, behavioral healthcare integration, credentialing requirements, clinical supervision, management, and more.
Are you interested in working toward or maintaining specialty certification credentials?
- Clinical Supervision, (2-day class on site, with virtual pre- and post-event coursework to total 30 hours)
- Additional Clinical Supervision coursework for recertification
- Advanced Ethics
- Department Of Transportation /Substance Abuse Professional Qualification / Requalification, with exam available on site;
Do you wish to explore intensive clinical courses? Some highlights include:
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy in Treatment of Addictions & Co-Occurring Disorders
- Hepatitis C (HCV) Current Resources for Medical & Behavioral Health Professionals
- Medication-Assisted Treatment with Persons with Opioid Use Disorder 201: Treatment Protocols
- Motivational Interviewing: Advancing the Practice
- Cultural Competence to Reduce Health Disparities
- Advanced Ethics
- Treatment Planning: Translating Required Paperwork into Clinically Useful Information
- Opioid Use in the Context of a Legal Drug Culture
- And much more!
Are you interested in developing or enhancing the management skills necessary to advance to new roles in your career?
Our popular operations management certificate program for managers and emerging managers in the addiction field will be offered. Being a good front line staff alone does not prepare a professional to take the next step to running an prevention, treatment or recovery focused program. To meet this clear need, the New England Institute and the New England Addiction Technology Transfer Center developed a track at Best Practices and another at the June Summer School that, when taken together, advance a professional’s management abilities and provide a professional certification. You may select some or all of the four courses offered on the Management Track.
Up to 32 contact hours are available. All other courses and descriptions may be downloaded from the "Courses" link on the Best Practices website.
For further information:
Click here for general Best Practices program information.
Links to additional details, such as lodging, fees, schedule, and more maybe be found under the link above, or look for the the "Best Practices" menu at our home page.
Exhibitors and Sponsors:
Best Practices exhibitor tables and sponsorship opportunities are available. Click here for further exhibit information.
We encourage you to register today at: http://www.cvent.com/d/qyqj25/4W
By the way, Waterville Valley is a great place to bring family or friends! A variety of hotels is availing, featuring some family – friendly efficiency options at great rates. Since the Best Practices program is a little earlier than recent years, don't delay reserving your lodging...we suggest you reserve as soon as possible!