MA Roadmap for Behavioral Health Reform Announced
The MA Executive Office of Health and Human Services (EOHHS) has announced a multi-year blueprint to:
- Redesign the ambulatory behavioral health system
- Respond to needs identified by stakeholders for expanded access to treatment
- Provide more effective treatment
- Improve health equity
The initiative, entitled “Roadmap for Behavioral Health Reform: Ensuring the right treatment when and where people need it,” will include the creation of a centralized “front door” for behavioral health services to help people learn about and access available services, such as:
- 24-hour access to triage and emergency services, expanded-service Community Behavioral Health Centers,
- Workforce investments to support competency and culturally competent care,
- Easier insurer credentialing processes for providers,
- Increased MassHealth coverage for certain services (including peer services), and others.
An initial webinar was held on February 24, 2021, with two question and answer (Q&A) sessions following. Both Q&aA sessions will be available in recordings on the main Roadmap page.
Register here for the March 15, 2021, 2pm-3pm Q&A session.