Adolescence Recovery Specialist
GAVIN FOUNDATION, INC.
675 East Fourth Street
South Boston, MA 02127
JOB TITLE: Recovery Specialist/ Counselor
REPORTS TO: Program Director
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Responsible for maintaining the safety of residents and facility and provide understanding and direction to the clients in program.
* Provide counseling individual and group substance abuse counseling.
*Ongoing supervision of residents throughout the shift.
* Ability to perform shift change and medication log
* Supervise resident’s chores.
* Ensure the safety of resident’s (physical and emotional)
* Understand and ensure that the program policies are followed.
* Provide crisis intervention when necessary.
* Supervise residents in the game room and kitchen.
* Transport resident to and monitor at recovery activities.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Must have or be working toward Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor and/or life experience
equal to two years in substance abuse.
* Knowledge of drug addiction’s physical and psychological effects, treatment and rehabilitation.
* Ability to work with others.
* Personal characteristics of understanding, dedication, warmth, empathy and genuineness are essential.
* Must meet Massachusetts CORI requirements.
*Must have valid drivers license--car not required
* Working knowledge of 12 Step Programs
* Knowledge of laws governing confidentiality and rules of ethical behavior.
Monday and Thursday 12pm to 8pm; Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday 11am-7pm
GAVIN FOUNDATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYEER